This is a naughty dish I have eaten ever. In this picture, I served savory rice cakes with kale and Monk Meats seitan (http://www.monksmeats.com/). So good!
- filtered water
- uncooked brown rice
- fresh onion, chopped
- fresh garlic, minced
- fresh ginger, minced
- 8oz crumbs from kale chips (Sea Salt & Vinegar)
- tamari (optional)
1. Turn on the stove- high heat. In a pot, mix all the ingredients except kale chips and tamari. Once it boils, turn the heat low for simmering. Simmer for 30-40 minutes until brown rice is cooked.
2. Meanwhile, preheat oven at 375 degrees. Prep the baking sheet.
3. Turn off the stove. Add kale chips and tamari to brown rice. Mix well.
4. Scoop brown rice mixture with an ice cream scooper. Put rice cakes on the baking sheet. Bake them for 30-45 minutes until the partial surface of rice cakes is crispy. Flip them and then bake for 10-12 minutes. So, the entire surface of rice cakes is crispy.
5. Serve with your choice of veggies.